Looking for that special piece of home décor to transform your room from ordinary to extraordinary? A tapestry is so much more than a simple home décor item; it is a work of art.
DESIGN: This is one of my sacred designs, with many Hindu symbols combined into a powerful Yantra. Perfect for meditation, as a talisman or just to give a bit of spiritual vibe.
Yantra is a mystical diagram, a great cosmic conductor of energy, a powerful tool for harmony, prosperity, success, good health, yoga and meditation! The word “Yantra” comes from the Sanskrit root “Yan” means to sustain or to support. “tra” means instrument. The use of a Yantra as a “spiritual instrument” goes far back in time and continues today in temples and homes around the world.
MEANING: The main element is a statue of Goddess Lakshmi - bestower of power, wealth and sovereignty.
In Her images and pictures, Lakshmi is depicted in a female form with four arms and four hands. She wears red clothes with a golden lining and is standing on a lotus. She has golden coins and lotuses in her hands. Four white elephants are shown next to the Goddess. This symbolism conveys the following spiritual theme:
- The four arms represent the four directions in space and thus symbolize omnipresence and omnipotence of the Goddess. The red color syinbolizes activity. The golden lining denotes prosperity. The lotus seat, which Lakshmi is standing upon, signifies that while living in this world, one should enjoy its wealth, but not become obsessed with it.
- The four hands represent the four ends of human life: dharma (righteousness), kama (genuine desires), artha (wealth), and moksha (liberation from birth and death). The front hands represent the activity in the physical world and the back hands indicate the spiritual activities that lead to spiritual perfection.
- A lotus in the back right hand conveys the idea that one must perform all duties in the world in accordance with dharma. This leads to moksha (liberation), which is symbolized by a lotus in the back left hand of Lakshmi. The golden coins falling on the ground from the front left hand of Lakshmi illustrate that She provides wealth and prosperity to Her devotees. Her front right hand is shown bestowing blessings upon the devotees.
- Some pictures show four elephants spraying water from golden vessels onto Goddess Lakshmi. The four elephants represent the four ends of human life as discussed above. The spraying of water denotes activity. The golden vessels denote wisdom and purity. The four elephants spraying water from the golden vessels on the Goddess illustrate the theme that continuous self-effort, in accordance with one's dharma and govemed by wisdom and purity, leads to both material and spiritual prosperity.
Shri Yantra Mandala
Also known as the Cosmic Yantra, the Sri or Shri Yantra Mandala is the most popular of the Hindu Mahavidya Yantras.
Sri Vidya is the embodiment of the beauty of the three worlds. Her matrix is designed with nine interpenetrating triangles — four upward facing Shiva triangles, representing the male principle and five downward facing Shakti triangles, the female principle. They form 44 triangles including the central point or bindu, where Tripurasundari resides.
The central point denotes the flower of life. It is the result of the union of a red flower, Shakti, with a white flower, Shiva. Shiva symbolises cosmic consciousness and Shakti, cosmic energy, accompanied by Iccha Shakti or will power, Gyan Shakti, or power of knowledge and Kriya Shakti or power of action.
Why Our Tapestries?
Our tapestries are a work of art and we treat their design with diligent care as we oversee the entire creation process. We print our own tapestries using a state of the art printing technology called sublimation. While most other sellers are still using Direct to Garment (DTG) printing technology we know that DTG can often deliver low quality products that fade in time. Our tapestries feature high quality image printing that never fades. You can even wash them with 90°C (194 Fahrenheit) with any bleach without loss of quality. Now that is a product you can feel good about!
This stylish tapestry is created from lightweight polyester that features hand sewn finished edges. Bring style to your room today with this beautiful tapestry! Thin as sheet /white on the reverse side/;
- Fabric: 100% lightweight polyester, anti-allergy material;
- Sublimation heat transfer printing technology with vibrant colors;
- Usage: Our tapestries are suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Size: 5 standard sizes /XS to XL/;
- CARE: no extra care, machine washable and tumble dryer safe;
X Small: 39" x 45" / 100 x 115 cm
Small : 51" x 59" / 130 x 150 cm
Medium: 66" x 75" / 165 x 190 cm
Large: 83" x 94" / 210 x 240cm
X Large: 90" x 104" / 230 x 265 cm
FINISH: There are different ways to hang your tapestry to the wall. The most common are:
1. Grommets are attached to all four corners so your tapestry is ready to hang;
2. Finished with rod sleeve for hanging with a metal rod / Most modern tapestries will come with a rod pocket along the top edge. In this case you can use a rod, which will look a bit like a curtain rod. This is a simple and straightforward method for hanging tapestries. Brackets can be added to the wall from which to hang the rod./;
3. Fully linen for Velcro, clips or pins hanging /Use Velcro for an easily alterable method for hanging the tapestry. Velcro is an adaptable method, which allows you to change the locations of the tapestries from time to time. Velcro is also particularly useful when hanging tapestries on curved walls because it conforms to the wall on which it is mounted.
* Any additional materials like Velcro, metal rod are not included with the wall tapestry.